Monday, February 06, 2006

A Sad Day in the Emerald City.

So. It was a sad time, watching my team flounder their way across the screen last evening. I mean, they looked like the team they are capable of being in the first 25 minutes of the game, but then things seemed to fall apart. They were discouraged by some very questionable calls, I'm sure. And...the Jackson and Stevens that played last night were not the same Jackson and Stevens I've seen all season.

So. The hype, the pressure, the odds, and the away game feel of it all won out, and we lost. And I am certainly sad.

Mostly I'm sad, because I feel like America didn't necessarily want my team to win, and that America didn't really get to see my team at its best.

But. I'm still very proud of my boys, and I would love to be at the airport to cheer for them when they get home to let them know so.

And now...it's a new week, and there is no more football to be had. But. Rafting season is only a mere six weeks away!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Dearly Loved said...

So, you are a Seahawks fan now, huh? I thought that since your family only lives 2 or 3 hours from Pittsburgh, that you might be a Steelers fan. But, I guess not! Nate

hmb said...

Certainly NOT a Steelers fan! I was raised to love the Cleveland Browns. And Browns fans and Steelers fans do NOT get along. We don't like Penn State either. But. In the case of Nate, we make an exception. :)