Thursday, September 08, 2005

Are you relevant?

A lot of things are going on in my life artistically, and since I've given enough reading material for one week, I'll save it for another time.

Suffice to say.

I love Relevant Magazine, and I read it online nearly everyday. And, because I also love writing, I have wanted to write something for them. So I wrote a proposal for an article...

And--they like it. So, I will submit an article to Relevant Magazine circa mid-October. That doesn't mean they'll publish it, but it means I'm submitting it. And it means that I'm going to put myself out there as a writer--giving something that matters to me over to someone else for evaluation and inspection and editing. That's a scary thing for an artist to do.

But. Here I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Heather Baker

suz said...

Heather, I have you to thank for the fact that I, too, am a frequent visitor to Relevant.com. And as a fellow writer who has thought about trying to write and submit an article but has been stymied by all kinds of ridiculous excuses (and torpid ideas at best), I say WAY TO PUT YOURSELF (and your thoughts) OUT THERE! Go hmb!

Drewser said...

I was introduced to Relevant about 3 years ago by a particular girlfriend. Her roommate used to write for it (perhaps still does?), but routinely had great ideas for articles that were turned down. Therefore, I salute you for making it through!!!!

Secret word: rkdoonn