Friday, January 11, 2008

The Top 2's of 2008

Top Two Gifts I Got for Christmas:


Top Two Weddings I Participated in This Christmas:
  • Sean and Rachael Baker's (My brother and new sister-in-law)
  • Brendan and Erin (Utley) Voss' (My sister-in-law and brother-in-law to be!)

Top Two Cups of Coffee I Had Over Christmas:
  • The First Americano I got at The Dripolator in Black Mountain, NC.
  • The Second Americano I got at The Dripolator in Black Mountain, NC.

Top Two Best Unplanned Moments of the 2-week Whirlwind:
  • Seeing Billy Harvey open for The Old 97's in Austin, Texas. My friends and I stumbled across Billy Harvey's website a few years ago and have been closet fans of his website ever since. We own none of his albums and have never attempted to see him in concert--until I accidentally did!
  • Spending 8 hours in the car with my aunt and uncle riding back from North Carolina to Ohio. This included playing James Bond Scene It, laughing a lot, and a fantastic visit to a Texan restaurant in West Virginia.

Top Two Touristy Things I Did Over Christmas:
  • Visit the Biltmore Estate near Asheville, NC.
  • Visit the Grand Canyon in Northern Arizona.

Top Two Scariest Moments of Christmas Break:
  • Riding into downtown San Antonio with someone at the wheel driving 35 mph on the interstate in 8 lanes of traffic.
  • Having to help a van full of my exhausted friends come to consensus for where we should eat dinner in Flagstaff, AZ.

Top Two Things About Returning Home After A 2-week Whirlwind:
  • The killer cold I've been battling for the last week.
  • Returning from vacation in need of another vacation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greeting from indonesia...

wren said...

I'm still trying to figure out how the sparkly ring gets paired with a book. I mean, I like books and all, but, geesh. Did you want to elaborate? ;)

Stephanie V said...

Hmmmm.....more details on the sparkly diamond engagement ring, please... :) Congratulations, friends!

suz said...

oh, come on, deciding where to eat dinner in Flagstaff wasn't THAT bad...I think the collective constipation, gas, and dehydration in that van was a far scarier reality.