Friday, December 21, 2007

Sweet Coffee Shop Respite on a Busy, Dreary Day

If you ever come to Black Mountain, North Carolina, you should have coffee at The Dripolator Coffee House. It's really great. In fact, even though I'm using free wi-fi in North Carolina, it feels like I'm using free wi-fi in Seattle somewhere. The skies are gray, I'm drinking an Americano...it feels like a very abnormally normal day.

...oh, except my one and only baby brother is getting married today! And I'm in a city I've never been to before staying in a cabin with my entire extended family.

The Americano is making my day pretty great. Why is it that coffee and coffee shops are so therapeutic? I mean, I guess craving some nice tasting stimulants on a gray day is well not so thrilling, but why is it that I crave a spot like this when I need some alone time or some rest? I'm not exactly alone--there are 30 other people in the coffee shop. And I'm not exactly unplugged, since I'm sitting here on Clay's computer...

What is is about a coffee shop on a dreary day that feels so good?

2 comments:

Jimmy, Jennifer, Evelyn June and Arun Bradbury said...

Its Black Mountain that feels good! Jimmy and I met there, working at a camp just outside town. And make sure you head over to My Father's Pizza--the pesto pizza with sun dried tomatoes is amazing!
Jen

hbu said...

No way! We didn't end up eating at My Father's Pizza, but we drove by it!