Friday, March 09, 2007

Californiaaaa and Arizonaaaaa

So I'm off traveling again starting this weekend. First to Palm Springs, California for the Christian Management Association's Spring Conference. At the conference, I will go to exciting seminars on Marketing, Fundraising, and Strategic Planning. (Do not read any sarcasm into this sentence. I am actually stoked about it!)

And then I will drive to Puh-ho-nix, Arizona to see Drew and Lisa, Tim and Jennifer, Laura, and boyfriend Clay.

Here are my anticipated highlights for next week:

  1. Having my brain overloaded by exciting career information.
  2. Enjoying time with my coworkers and continuing to build relationships with the YD Leadership.
  3. Getting a tan.
  4. Wearing my new "business casual" wear from Gap Outlet.
  5. Spending four hours driving across the California/Arizona desert with my iPod blaring.
  6. Seeing six good Taylor friends I haven't seen in awhile.
  7. Drinking 14 gallons of water per day.
  8. Applying lotion 6-10 times per day.
  9. Applying aloe vera 2-3 times per day.
  10. Visiting boyfriend's place of residence, church of employment, circle of friends, etc.
And my yet-to-be highlights from tonight:
  1. Leaving work at a decent hour.
  2. Buying new sunglasses and body wash from B&BW.
  3. Preparing the homestead for a visit from Jon and Hannah tomorrow. (Hannah being my bestest friend from my time in Kenya during fall of 2001. She and husband Jon are visiting from Indiana before I leave on Sunday morning!)
  4. Getting a smoothie on the way home.
It's the small things in life, you know. I will hope to post more of exciting California/Arizona revelations. Maybe even a torrid tale of running in the desert just before heat stroke. And a blog entry on meeting the significant other's significant others will surely transpire at some point. Please wait on the edge of your seats in eager anticipation.

1 comment:

Drewser said...

I'm late to respond, but really don't have more to say than "YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!"