Monday, November 13, 2006

Christmas is Coming

Okay. I have a confession...I really love that all the Christmas decorations are starting to go up. Yes, for sure, I could do without the commercials...but I really, really love Christmas decorations and candy canes.

Over the weekend I enjoyed my first candy cane of the season, and I've been listening to songs from Over the Rhine's new Christmas album this morning.

And I really love that Starbucks has the Christmas decor up already. This reminds me of spending a late-November weekend in New York with Danara in Fall 2003...when we hung out at a Starbuck's and roasted s'mores at Cosi's...and for whatever reason, that weekend represents so much good Christmas nostalgia.

Mom said that we're going to put up the Christmas decorations next weekend while Sean, Rachel, and I are all home for Thanksgiving. I love the idea of putting up ye-olde-ornaments with Barbra Streisand singing, "Jingle Bell Jingle Bell Jingle Bell" and reminiscing with Sean about our favorite presents of Christmas past...(which certainly includes our beloved Pipeworks...do kids still get excited about getting interlocking PVC pipes for Christmas? I don't think so...)

So...Scrooges...if it's too early for you to celebrate Christmas, feel free to direct some candy canes my way.

2 comments:

Drewser said...

While putting up the Christmas tree has become a bit more of a chore the last few years, having a 7 month old lab puppy should make this year's Christmas tree experience all the merrier..

Deanna said...

Hi Heather! We've been playing Christmas music for a few weeks here, too.... yep, Scott loves it!
Deanna